Monday, August 23, 2010

Just wrapping up the justice wall





I've been working on an absolutely amazing project, what makes it amazing is the cause, not my art. I have been commissioned create an mural and installation on a large wall that is all about justice. 'The justice wall' is the moniker we've given it and it is located at Open Door Church San Mateo . The wall is an exploration of injustice and redemption. I'm just wrapping up the finishing details today on the wall but I thought I'd post some pictures of some of the process. I took the newspaper burnings I have been working on scanned them and printed them out much larger to emphasize their effect. I then installed them on the wall to look as ashes falling from the burnt images. The second half of the wall is the redemptive side showing faces in flowing multi-colored liquid. I'll post the finished pics soon ut I hope you enjoy. My art is mean to serve so I hope that it may serve you.

3 comments:

Erin @ YoungForever said...

Looks Amazing!!! So proud of you... can't wait to see the final product!

Skunk Works said...

Absolutely fantastic... I'm gonna need to make a pilgrimage to see that beauty in person!

Eric Quan said...

Nolan has been a tremendous blessing to our church and the part of our mission regarding REDEEMING JUSTICE. Thank you for your incredible work, G-d has gifted you in a wonderful way. The Justice Wall will serve as inspiration to many for years to come.